Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Help - How can I reduce my food spending?

Here's a look at my spending in the last 3 months.  (DM me on twitter if you want my template.)  Again, I'll be adding to this every 30-90 days so I can get a good view of my spending over time.  Now, there's a website that helps you do this, too called mint.com.  I tried it, not the biggest fan.  It doesn't give me flexibility to deal w/ a joint account (again, I multiplied it by .5).  Also, I can't create charts for single accounts in mint.com.

But I digress...  Here's my overall look:

If I take out Mortgage and Condo Assessments, here's what it looks like:

If I combine Restaurant and Groceries into 1 Food category:


Yikes, food is my biggest expense after housing!  21% of my spending went to food.

Help!  Give me ideas for decreasing my food spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment